среда, 14 сентября 2016 г.

Poetry, Music and Whispers


In This Moment


This song is my first attempt at using a real cello during the recording process.  When I wrote this piece I found myself really enjoying the energy in it.  It still desperately needs a drum track, but thus far I am pleased. (Written in 2011)
-
We’ve got a long night ahead
Sure to be filled with wonder
I feel the music in my head
Just like the pound of thunder
-
I want to breathe you in like air
I want to hold you close now
Just let the music take me there
And everything else let go now
-
This is what I’ve been waiting for -
To be with you Love, in this moment
To be reaching out, with my heart held in my hands
-
There is a static in the room
A feeling that covers my skin
All of my past an empty tomb
You’ve brought me to life once again


Subways

This song came to me sometime in 2005.  Adult life was hitting me full force and I was having a hard time coping – new job, new house, new responsibilities, new life.  Despite all of the fear and apprehension, I realized somewhere in that whole mess that it wasn’t too hard and I could actually handle all the “newness”.  This song is my way of expressing that discovery.
Passing subways in my brain
Moving at lightning speed
I watch everything change right before me
All that I have hoped and I have dreamed
Is not more than a breath away
If I’ll let go and reach
Chorus 1:
But they say it’s way too far for me to fall now
They say it’s way too fast for me to slow it down
3AM and I’m awake
Watching the shadows and the figures
The moon makes on my walls
Until finally I drift back into sleep,
Back into battle with the fear
That’s fighting me inside
Chorus 2:
That says it’s way too far for me to fall now
It says it’s way too fast for me to slow it down
Chorus 3:
It’s never way to far for me to fall now
It’s never way to fast for me to slow it down


A Tear Of Us

 (Written In 1999)
-
A tear of us grew in my eye and rolled onto my cheek
A whispered sigh through lullaby and words I could not speak
It traveled like a shooting star on seas without a ship
Whose waters sing my sorrows and find death upon my lips
-
Tomorrow came and said goodbye, it found us far apart
But I still taste the saline and the stains this paint my heart
Wiped clean my eyes to see you off, I hope to find you well
And thank you for our moment, this tear of us that fell



All I Wanted

I believe that music is the only language by which one heart can speak to another without any miscommunication.  This song came to me in 2011.  It represents something that I feel inside – a piece of me that only I experience.  My hope is that through this song, you can now experience that part of me too.  From one heart to another, enjoy.
Another night spent awake
Starving for the chance to see you
In every word that we say
It’s such a delicate dance that we do
-
These photographs in my head
Are nothing but the proof – I need you
But all that I’m seeing is red
It’s such an intimate wound
That I’m still bleeding from….
-
I’m standing here
Heart broken in two
I’m waiting here
I’m wanting for you
To come take me home
-
You’re all I wanted
You’re all I need
I won’t stop this
I won’t let it be

  Poetry, Music and Whispers

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий